Dental Implant Restorations
Santa Cruz Dentist – Heit Family Dentistry offers dental implant restorations in our office. Implant dentistry is a state-of-the-art tooth restoration option that is attractive, comfortable and permanent. Dental implants can restore full oral functioning and aesthetics following tooth loss due to decay, injury, extraction, periodontal disease or other conditions. Missing teeth not only diminish the attractiveness of a smile, but can cause difficulties with speaking and eating, and can lead to movement of remaining teeth.
Dental implants provide long-term or permanent anchoring of crowns, dental bridges or dentures while offering the added benefit of helping to halt bone loss in the jaw. They are as comfortable as real teeth and look completely natural.
Dental Implants Benefits
There are numerous benefits to dental implants in comparison to other tooth restoration options, including:
- Permanence – Once dental implants are in place and have healed, a crown, bridge or dentures can be permanently secured to the titanium implant.
- Comfort – Since replacement teeth are permanently anchored to the jaw with dental implants, the teeth feel completely natural and as comfortable as real teeth.
- Aesthetics – Restorations incorporating the use of dental implants look just like natural teeth.
- Bone strength – When teeth are lost, the bone that supported those teeth can begin to atrophy and weaken over time. If left unchecked, this process (called resorption) can cause the jawbone to become unstable and can lead to further tooth loss. Dental implants stimulate new bone growth around the implant, strengthening the bone structure.
- Tooth alignment – Tooth restorations attached to dental implants prevent teeth from shifting, maintaining alignment.
- Flexibility – Dental implants can be used to replace one or more missing teeth in any location in the mouth.
During a healing period lasting 4 -6 months, the titanium dental implant naturally osseointegrates with the surrounding bone material, forming a stable anchor point. Once the area is completely healed, a second office visit is required during which a long-term crown, bridge or denture will be fastened to the dental implant to create a durable, attractive and fully functional restoration.
If you are interested in learning more about dental implant procedures in our Heit Family dental office, contact us today at 831-423-3364.
See Dental Blog Posts:
Why You Should Remember Dental Flossing?
What to Expect During Tooth Extractions
Dental Crowns Make Your Smile Brighter
Santa Cruz Dentist Reviews by Allison – Santa Cruz, CA
Santa Cruz Dentist Reviews – Roberta Aptos, CA
Santa Cruz Dentist Reviews – Cynthia Santa Cruz, CA